The always popular International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot is quickly approaching. Presented by Chase, the event is in its 20th year and takes place September 25 through November 16, 2015. Along with sample-size foods and beverages from around the world, which can be found at kiosks located throught the park, the Orlando theme park has announced several new concepts and experiences for guests to enjoy.
Four new food and beverage marketplaces will open in Future World during the 20th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This is the first time in the festival’s history that global marketplace experiences, numbering more than 30, have expanded from the World Showcase into Future World.
During the festival, the new Artistry of Wine & Cheese, which features the Cheese Studio and Wine Studio marketplaces, will evoke the ambiance of Napa Valley with grape vines and pergolas along the walkway to Future World West. The Cheese Studio features a cheese sample platter served on an artist’s palette, and the Wine Studio has premium wines on tap and palate-pleasing wine varietals organized by color in artistic displays.
At the new Next Eats area near the Epcot Character Spot, Sustainable Chew and Chew Lab marketplaces will be inspired by ABC’s Emmy-Award winning lifestyle series “The Chew,” which stars co-hosts Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz. “The Chew” has announced that the show will broadcast from Epcot at some point during the Food & Wine Festival.
“The Future World festival marketplace expansion gives our guests more reasons than ever to help us celebrate 20 delicious festival years,” says Jens Dahlmann, general manager of Epcot Food & Beverage. “Adding even more sizzle, our collaboration with ABC’s ‘The Chew’ brings the cachet of a major daytime network television series and its celebrity hosts.”
What’s new at Epcot’s 2015 Food & Wine Festival?
- Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses (October 31, 2015) – This premium event is an elegant, dance-the-night-away, gourmet tasting party with champagne, wine, craft beers and specialty cocktails paired with food. Guests are encouraged to masquerade in chic shades of yellow and black.
- Rockin’ Burger Block Party (October 8, 2015) – Hosted by the cast of “The Chew,” this premium event features specialty burgers and sliders inspired by top names in the music industry such as Dave Matthews and his Dreaming Tree Wines and Carlos Santana’s Casa Noble Tequila. Two additional Burger Block Parties are scheduled for September 25 and November 6. Reservations are required for premium tastings and events. Reservations will be open on July 30, 2015 for festival premium events, which also includes the Mexican Tequila Lunch, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting, French Family Meal Traditions and dozens of others.
- The Dominican Republic Marketplace returns with a fresh flair, serving new dishes such as Pescado con Coco, a seared grouper with pigeon peas, rice and coconut sauce. At the Festival Center, the new Spotlight on Dominican Republic – which takes place Monday through Thursday – will showcase the country’s culture, crafts and culinary creations.
- Artistry of Wine & Cheese – Each keg of premium wine on tap will hold the equivalent of 26 wine bottles, eliminating bottle, cork, cardboard and paper waste from labels. Recycling and repurposing of glass bottles and corks from other marketplace locations will be part of the festival’s 20th year story.
- Sustainable Chew Marketplace – Guests can taste delicious dishes inspired by “The Chew” co-hosts.
- Chew Lab – Food science meets the hottest culinary tech trends to present innovative dishes like Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.
- Special anniversary wines – Two 20th year celebratory wines were created just for the 2015 Epcot Food & Wine Festival: a Napa Valley Festival Chardonnay and a Paso Robles Festival Cabernet Sauvignon. Guests will be able to purchase tastes of both wines at the Sustainable Chew Marketplace. The Festival Center Wine Shop will also carry bottles.
Special Events Reservations
The Party for the Senses grand tasting events and other special beverage and culinary programs do require reservations as well as separate event admission. Reservations open July 30, 2015. Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) to get details and make reservations.
Included with Epcot theme park admission
Back to Basics series, Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport and park attractions and entertainment. Individual tastings of food and beverages at kiosks around the park are at an additional cost.
Epcot’s 20th Food & Wine Festival runs September 25 through November 16, 2015. For more information and to purchase theme park tickets, please visit Disneyworld.Disney.go.com.